The world is now your marketplace. Say goodbye to the limitations of accepting only local EFTs and hello to hassle-free international transactions.
Your Passport to International Sales
SWIFT codes, exchange rates, IBANs and forex commissions. Daunting barriers to selling globally.
Using WigWag's secure payment gateway, you can now accept payments from customers all around the world using their credit or debit cards instantly. No need to worry about all the banking hurdles.
Your customers will get the same smooth payment experience whether they’re chilling on the beach in Camps Bay or hanging with the huskies in Norway! You generate a payment link as per usual and share it with the customer. They simply fill in their card details and ta da you’re paid. To understand the conversion process deeper give this a read.
Why South African Merchants Should Sell Internationally
- Tap into Untapped Markets: Selling internationally opens doors to new demographics and untapped markets hungry for unique products and services. Whether it's your handcrafted jewellery or homemade delicacies, there's a global audience waiting to discover your offerings.
- Diversify Your Income Streams: Relying solely on local sales can be risky. By expanding internationally, you can balance out potential economic fluctuations in South Africa and create a steadier income stream from your international base.
- Showcase South African Excellence: Your products carry the essence of South African craftsmanship and culture - show the world what we’re made of!
Let’s ship it!
Once you make the sale the next challenge is finding a courier who will be able to ship the product easily to your customer’s address. You can easily collect your customer’s delivery details when they complete their payment - making it that much easier to ship your product to them.
The next step is to find a great courier company, here are a few we checked out:
- The Courier Guy: a well-established local company that claims to “love handling your packages.” They offer international departures every business day from their major hubs in Joburg and Cape Town.
- DHL Express: a global brand with global weight! DHL offers a variety of bespoke solutions depending on your needs - such as preferential rates for frequent shipping.
- Postnet Global Express: SA’s largest privately owned counter store with over 450 stores nationwide. You can easily ship your packages from Postnet-to-Door using their international shipping partner Aramex.
With WigWag the world is now your oyster. Boost your brand to new levels and show the world the great products you have.
Send a link and get paid, from anywhere.